top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

What funding options are available to me, as a homeowner?


Parish level HMGP & Severe Repetitive Loss (SRL)

Increased Cost of Compliance (ICC)- up to $30,000

Small Business Administration Mitigation Loans (SBA)

FHA 203k Loan

How do I know if my property qualifies as a SRL property?

You will need to call your local floodplain manager. Click here for contact information.

How do I know if my home needs repair?

Uneven or sloping floors


-in drywall

-in ceramic floors or walls

-in bricks & mortar

Nails popping out sheetrock

Bowing walls

Spaces between wall & ceiling or floor

House is leaning

How much do you charge for your services?

Every project is unique to us, we offer free estimates, and will work with you to provide a solution to fit your budget.

How do I know whether I am required to elevate my home?


If your home has been deemed substantially damaged and does not meet your municipality's code for elevation, you will have to elevate before you remodel. We are happy to assist you in determining whether or not you meet those requirements.

What does substantial damage mean?


This determination is made by your local government, generally, a floodplain manager or building official. Substantial damage applies to a structure in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) – or 1-percent-annual-chance floodplain – for which the total cost of repairs is 50 percent or more of the structure’s market value before the disaster occurred, regardless of the cause of damage. This percentage could vary among jurisdictions, but must not be below NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) standards.


FEMA's Fact Sheet on Substantial Damage

What is ICC (Increased Cost of Compliance)?

Increased cost of compliance coverage is a resource available for those with existing flood insurance that may need assistance rebuilding after a flood. It provides up to $30,000 to help cover the cost of mitigation measures. ICC can also pay for improvements if your property has sustained repetitive loss.


FEMA's Breakdown of ICC

FEMA's Increased Cost of Compliance Brochure

How high will I have to elevate my home?

That varies depending on your local municipality's building and construction code. We can assist in determining theses factors.

What is base flood elevation?

Base flood elevation is the calculated requirement for the elevation or flood proofing of structures. The relationship between the BFE and a structure's elevation determines the flood insurance premium. 

Learn more about BFE, including your Flood Plain Administrator's contact information:

LSU AG Center's Interactive Flood Map

What is meant by the term mitigation? 


Mitigation is the effort made to reduce loss of life or property by lessening the impact of disasters.

bottom of page